Billing and Payment
U-Pack is a self-move service that puts you in control of your relocation — and we make paying for your move easy. You can book online or by phone. Reserve with a credit card, but don’t pay a thing until after you’ve loaded and your belongings are on their way to your destination. If you have questions, take a look at the FAQs below, or call a helpful U-Pack moving consultant at?844-362-5303844-594-3077. We’re ready to help.
If you’re new to U-Pack and want to know more about the service, visit?How U-Pack Works.
How do I pay for my move?
Reserve your move with a major credit card or debit card, then pay by card or by PayPal??after your shipment is loaded. You’ll need to pay in full before the shipment can be delivered to you at the destination or unloaded at the service center. We are unable to accept cash or personal checks.
What do I need to know about credit card or debit card payments
When you reserve your move, let us know if the card should be used for payment or for reservation only. If it’s for payment, we’ll charge the card automatically once the moving trailer or ReloCube container(s) is picked up and in transit. If it’s only for reservation, you can pay with another card online or over the phone with a U-Pack representative. Shipments must be paid in full when scheduling delivery with the destination service center.
How does PayPal payments work?
If you choose to pay via PayPal, we’ll send you an invoice by email once your moving trailer or ReloCube container(s) are picked up and in transit. With PayPal you can pay via your bank account, debit card or credit card.
How do I cancel my move?
It happens. Sometimes things come up and circumstances change and you need to cancel. Here’s how we handle cancellation:
- If you cancel more than 7 days from your move date, you will not be charged a cancellation fee
- $50 fee for cancellation within 7 days of your move date
- $150 fee for cancellation on the day of your move
Can someone else pay for my move?
Yes. Just provide the credit card information when you reserve your move.
What is a Bill of Lading?
It’s the agreement between the shipper (you) and the carrier transporting your household goods. It serves as a receipt for the transportation and evidence of title to the goods.
What’s included in my quote?
We’ll take the information you provide, like where you’re moving to and from, when you’re moving and how much you’re moving, and we’ll send you a quote that includes the price for ReloCube containers or space in a moving trailer. The quote also includes standard liability coverage and transportation costs like fuel, road tolls and the driver. You can add extras such as additional liability coverage, storage and guaranteed delivery — they’ll be listed on the quote as separate line items. ?
Why is my bill different from my quote?
In most cases, if the final bill differs from the quoted price, it’s because the shipment took up more space than was originally quoted. We make it easy to figure out what your new price will be ahead of time on your quote!
- Moving trailer prices are based on the linear footage your belongings take up inside the moving trailer. Your quote will include a price for a specific linear footage, and as you adjust the space on your quote, you can see how the rate changes.
- ReloCube rates are based on the number of Cubes you use. Your quote can include the price for one or multiple. If you request an additional Cube that wasn’t included on your reservation and it requires additional delivery, a delivery charge will be added.
Other things that could affect your price:
- Changing the move date
- Changing the locations you’re moving to and/or from
- The trailer or ReloCube is cited a parking fine or is towed while in your possession
- You keep the equipment longer than the allotted loading time or do not take delivery of the equipment for unloading within the allotted time (detention and storage accrue at $50/day per trailer or ReloCube)
- You fail to return the ramp to the local service center on time
- You load the ramp behind the bulkhead wall with your belongings
- You do not provide the Gypsy Moth Inspection Checklist, which is required for shipments moving into some states, resulting in delayed transportation
- Your items are banned/seized by Canadian/U.S. Customs
- You cancel within seven days of your move date
- You or a representative you designate are not present to sign for the equipment, requiring redelivery
- You leave trash or boxes in the equipment after your move is complete
- You’re moving to Canada, Hawaii or Puerto Rico. Canada moves require a customs fee, Hawaii moves require an offshore tax and admin fee, and an offshore tax applies to Puerto Rico moves. These will be applied to your Bill of lading, but are not listed on the quote
Can I get a copy of my U-Pack bill?
Yes! You can access your bill of lading and the delivery receipt by?logging in to the MyMove dashboard, or view/print them through our document retrieval tool.
Need Help or Have Another Billing Question?
We’ll get back with you as quickly as possible — during busy times, we’ll be certain to respond within 24 hours (Monday-Friday). If you email over the weekend or on holidays, please allow a bit more time for response.